On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 7:52:30 PM UTC+1, Daimon Eu wrote:

> Yes it's working with gzip! I've also tried this client-side workaround:
>
>             self.etag = etag.replace(/^W\//,"");
>      ->     self.etag = self.etag.replace(/-gzip/,"");
>
> I've added the second line to $:/core/modules/savers/put.js and the effect
> is the same as modifying the server conf.

hihi, ... yea, "workarounds" all over the place. If you have a look at the
"code
blame
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/blame/master/core/modules/savers/put.js>"

view and follow the merged PRs + their links at github, you'll see, how
quirky the etag handling is. .. It seems every server does it a "tiny" bit
different. ... Which causes us weird problems.

As far as I can remember IIS doesn't add the "-gzip" string. It somehow
uses 2 different etags ... BUT from the bugzilla link you posted, I did
learn, that there could be more than 1 etag listed in the header. ... so
there may be a new vector to fix the stuff. ....

More tests would be needed.

> It should work on other versions of Apache too, it looks like the bug
> hasn't been fixed yet even if it's 12 years old and counting.

The problem is, that it also needs to work with other servers, like IIS and
nginx. ... As I wrote, I'll have to test again using some docker images for
apache and nginx. ... If I can find them again :/

Anyway. ... Thx for your feedback and your "server side" workaround. I'm
sure it will help others. ... And if it leads to better client side code,
even better

have fun!
mario