Hi Dave,

The problem is, that file-based URLs are handled different than server
based URLs. TW offers some $:/info/url/xxx elements, that could be used to
create relative links easily ... IF ... they where all server based.

The server based components look like this:

$:/info/url/origin + $:/info/url/pathname + #myTiddlerName%20other-tiddler
http://localhost   + /tw/aa.html          + #myTiddlerName%20other-tiddler

So you can see, origin is your hostname and pathname is the TW file.
Everything after # is the hash.

File based looks like this:

$:/info/url/origin + $:/info/url/pathname + #myTiddlerName%20other-tiddler
null               + /C:/Users/Mario/Downloads/aa.html + ..

So ALL the info is part of the pathname, which makes it very hard to
separate the elements, because we don't know where.

So we will need at least 2 config parameters:

 - local-origin: /C:/Users/Mario/Downloads
 - local-path: /aa.html   .... this may be /my-local/dir/aa.html

With this info it should be able to create something. ... BUT ... It needs
configuration, which is a user interaction and therefore error-prone.

AND /my-local/dir/ may be different between file and server. In my example
it is / and /tw . So may be we need 3 config parameters.

*Question*: How do your paths look like?

-mario