On Thursday, November 28, 2019 at 1:42:05 PM UTC-5, Mark S. wrote:

> I'm not sure how you're activating your template.

I was simply transcluding the template with the *{{||templateName}}*
notation, following the example
<https://tiddlywiki.com/#Transclusion%20with%20Templates>. I didn't know
there was a specific tag I needed to use in the template tiddler.

That *<$transclude>* widget solution does indeed work, and for my purposes
it is an ideal solution. I had read through the filter syntax, but I will
need to review it again. I notice that it still works even when I don't
have the template tagged with *$:/tags/ViewTemplate*.

Thanks for the help!