Email repeat ...

"What is a shadow?" ... that is one thing I found VERY confusing for a long
time. And maybe still I am confused?

As far as I understand it now, a "shadow" Tiddler is always a Tiddler in a
plugin? (ref <https://tiddlywiki.com/#ShadowTiddlers>)

But I then get further confused because all "$:/core/ ..." Tiddlers show up
on filter ...

<$list filter="[all[shadows]sort[title]]"/>

So the "core" is a plugin? Yes? I thought a plugin was something you *added
beyond
the basic system* (i.e. added to core)?
My naive beginner idea was that you download a system then ADD
plugins---not that the system itself is a plugin!

And when I filter like this ...

<$list filter="[is[shadow]]"/>

... a "shadow" here means that it is an *overwritten shadow*. It does *not*
mean
it is a shadow. That makes it's use here a "contronym" --- *a term that is
used as the opposite of itself*. Very confusing! The subtle difference
between "shadowS" in the ALL and the "shadow" in the IS blurs the issue a
lot.

Also, in ordinary language, the idea a person's "shadow" is more real than
them is wrong. Their "shadow" is *derivative*, not primary.
In TW it is the other way around.

The "shadow" in TW IS the original; not the modification of it. Right? That
seems the wrong way around.

I do NOT want to moan for the sake of it. But I think "shadow talk" can
really get VERY confusing!

Best wishes
TT