I got with many many tags. I made the GenTags plugin to allow multiple
tags-like fields which can help reduce the troubles associated with having
a very long list of tags. Having tags in different fields lets you have
different categories of tags to further organise your wiki.

https://ooktech.com/jed/ExampleWikis/GenericTagFields/

I should update the plugin a bit. I am going to take a bit of time doing
that now.