Since you say you are "not a star with HTML", what is it you're looking
for.    TiddlyWiki spares you the need to know much, if anything about HTML.

When editing a tiddler, you should see a side-by-side view of the editing
text and the presentation, or no need to "switch".    The menu bar offers
clickable options to create links, highlights, lists, headings.

If it's a wiki you're looking for, TW is all you'll need for decades.