Best wishes
Mohammad

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 9:18 AM TonyM <anthony.mus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mohammad,
>
> I considered this path for my learning tiddlywiki edition. Basically I
> created a tiddler containing every regular tiddler then generated a link to
> access it https://tiddlywiki.com/#HelloThere all you need to do it prefix
> every tiddler name with https://tiddlywiki.com/# to construct the link
> You could place this path in a tiddler field, in a tiddler that contains a
> list of tiddler names for each wiki.

I think this is the simplest!

   1. a button
      1. to list all NON system tiddlers
      2. to add a prefix to refer to wiki and create the link
      3. write into a dataTiddler called xxx.index where xxx stands for
      wiki name like tiddlywiki.com.index
      4. export it as .tid file

NOW

   1. import the xxx.file
   2. use a custom searchbox to search in dataTiddler
   3. return the key/value as a link

> A quick brainstorm
>
> The above would work well for reference back to tiddlywiki.com because
> the title is often enough info in the titles, however you could also
> construct a link to open tiddly wiki.com with the search string you
> started with.
>
> I favor the use of titles and a keyword field to intentionally name the
> keywords and being able to do a keyword only search, ie you design tiddlers
> to state exactly which keywords are relevant in addition to the title.
>
> However if we wanted to get tricky we may be able to capture and extract
> the indexes that tiddlywiki builds internally for performance, but allow
> them, to be packaged and dropped into another wiki.

This is great! If one can export this to another wiki and use it for search
external wikis!

> A more sophisticated approach would be to generate a serial number of
> every tiddler, then every word you find is recorded and given its own
> serial number, then you generate a list of every word found and list the
> tiddlers in which it occurs, by recording the tiddler serial number against
> the word serial number. A special search could then use this database to
> all tiddlers containing one or more words and give you a link to it.
>
> This makes me wonder if we could use a compression technique that we could
> still search within.
>
> More simply we could generate a kind of usable site index for wikis, which
> can be copied into another wiki, if the search finds an item in that index
> you know within which wiki it resides.

Yep, this would be very useful.