There’s an interesting discussion about simplifying sharing demos/snippets on
Google Groups over on a thread of Tony’s:

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/42db53e3-e372-4005-8ea1-32f409d6963d%40googlegroups.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/42db53e3-e372-4005-8ea1-32f409d69...@googlegroups.com>

Just brainstorming, but I should it should be possible to build something
simple that might do the job.

Firstly, we’d need to create a version of empty.html that loads all its
tiddlers as a block of JSON from the location hash part of the URL. That would
allow people to post links that populated the empty wiki with any number of
tiddlers. Historically, some browsers limited URLs to 2048 characters, but it
seems that most browsers will support anything up to 64KB.

For example:

https://tiddlywiki.com/share.html#[{"text": "This is the text of a
tiddler","title": "My Title","tags": "Definitions”}]

So that one could include plugins and other settings that would require a
restart if imported normally, we’d have to use a raw markup snippet to read the
tiddlers from the location hash before TW starts up.

Secondly, we’d need a means to create those links. The same edition when
started without any tiddlers could prompt the user to import tiddlers, and
present a “share” button that creates the URL.

To make the resulting long URLs convenient, it would be worth investigating the
APIs of services like bitly.com <http://bitly.com/> so that we can
automatically create a shortened version of the URL.

Best wishes

Jeremy.