Mat,

I did some more on this today. Basically having a macro which one passes a
set of filters and they are automatically nested, to do this I need to push
and pop each filter, using first and butfirst operators. However each
filter must stand on its own and where necessary reference the nesting
lists variable eg currentTiddler.

By building this I am creating a "meta filter", and using set in a
recursive manner to push and pop.

As you can see from my example before I managed to place this example
directly inside/during the filter run. But it is hard to generalise this to
make it possible in every case. It would be nice to identify the gap and
find an elegant way to do it. However perhaps a macro replacement for a
list widget that can accept multiple filters and automatically nest them is
an answer?

The use of +filters -filters and subfilters are also an option that can
address this kind of issue, yet I am yet to uncover any universal patterns
to use, to be able to use a single filter for nested problems.

Regards
Tony

Regards
Tony