TonyM,

> Thanks so much for this, it is fantastic when writing complex macros and
> wiki text, to find, highlight and *modify* a variable name and its
> references for example.

Nope, cannot use for modification, see PMario's
comment: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/s3AVhRKVXcs/JT8RV1vhAQAJ

> I would like to see a method to bulk open the searched tiddlers so we can
> then see the exact text. I will possibly make it myself using a tiddler
> with the $:/tags/AdvancedSearch

This is the job of the "search tab" because it knows what the results are.
For example, the results of standard search and Locator may be different,
so I can't place a single button that opens the results because I don't
know what are the results exactly.

> I have developed a small set of standards I would like to introduce to the
> standard search such as allowing a system-caption on system tiddlers to be
> searched for and listed even when contained in a system tiddler. Thus for
> example simply typing highlight in the standard search would find
> $:/plugins/bimlas/highlight-searched-text
> if the plugin had a system-caption of Highlight searched text. This would
> allow people to find the plugin they just installed with a simple search,
> which is not possible give the standard search leaves out system tiddlers.

Sorry, but I don't quite understand. Are you asking me to set a caption for
the plugin itself? Do I understand right? Okay, I'll do it.