If you use Firefox, the normal Firefox spell check works fine while in
the Edit mode.  Firefox displays a light red line under words it
doesn't know and if you right click on a suspect word, it displays
suggestions and the option to add the word to your dictionary.  One of
the major reasons I moved to Firefox on all my OS's several years ago.
Alan