I would like to be able to upload this spreadsheet data to a tiddlyspot and
> have the spreadsheet rows be tiddlers.
> Possible?

You can make it write now. Open your spreadsheet and rename colons
 id=title  name=caption  text=text  tags=tags  anyfield=anyfield  :) *then
share this table AND public this table* (I write macros to do it in my
standard table)
then copy id of you table and put it here  https://heeg.ru/shop2.html?id=H
<https://heeg.ru/shop2.html?id=1tEQxRZpoPPfV1i2VOq3d-Ii19zP9TYdXH3SIvv5OCUs>ERE_ID_OF_YOUR_spreadsheet

 and press ENTER :)  All data from your spreadsheet  will be imported and
you will see them  in Recent . You can find javascript code here
https://heeg.ru/shop2.html#%24%3A%2Fboot%2Fbootprefix1.js

My shop2.html is empty Tiddlywiki with automatic import from  ?id=
<https://heeg.ru/shop2.html?id=1tEQxRZpoPPfV1i2VOq3d-Ii19zP9TYdXH3SIvv5OCUs> in
URL  here is the same html but with other id in URL
https://heeg.ru/shop2.html?id=1iwGvYQZYe1oQU1809QG1qqJWUG84gxVLKyqWBWyvDqU

shop2.html is static html file   on my hosting. You cad download and test
it. The generated result is shop2.html data + data from spreadsheet