I think its the Bob saving thingie.  If I go to Bob Settings > Saver Server
and check "Disable Server", then click the "Save Settings" button, the TW
instance disconnects from the server and when I start up Bob again its
resorted back to the Saver Server *not* being disabled.

I was thinking disabling the automatic saving would stop the server from
generating these copied versions of my tiddlers.

Any suggestions?