Mat,

The number generated by Qualify is related to the tiddlername, specifically
the current tiddler so if that changes for each tag, as in my first post
the issue only occurs if the same tag is referenced in the same tiddler
with the same currentTiddler value. In Soren's original post his current
Tiddler need only change according to the items in the left hand list, and
the mentioning of the same tag in the list should not result in multiple
popups as each is qualified by the tiddler in the left hand list.

I tend not to experience this "problem" because almost all my macros are
driven by currentTiddler so I often invoke macros and templates where
needed by manipulating the currentTiddler. In support of this I use the
`<<storyTiddler>>` variable to access the display tiddler (almost the
currentTiddler)

Regards
Tony