Well, I'm going by the example in the official docs, in which the template has
the desired tag already. I'm pointing out that that example would have
undesired consequences, and wondering if there is something about it I'm
missing, because to avoid those undesired consequences, you have to do
something slightly more complicated than the example.

"It's just an example, and for the reasons you give, you might not want to
actually do it that way" is an acceptable answer, if that is the case. :)

--
 Ed Heil
 edh...@fastmail.fm