Mark,

The tedium of what you describe is a good reason for a solution in
tiddlywiki.

   - Currently I use Google Keep, I like how it recalls past items and
   suggests them as I type
   - I plan to build a tool because I often do variations on a single recipe

But that's for another day
I need to earn a living first, and near total lockdown of society does not
bode well

Regards
Tony