On Nov 27, 12:45 pm, sonomakid2002 <mco...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I have read through several posts and they deal with mainly turning
> off the double click edit when in 'read-only' mode and only viewable
> on the web. I really want to turn the double click function off all
> together. I do not find it to be something I use at all. I only came
> up on the double-click option as pure coincidence and am used to and
> like the idea of clicking 'edit.'
>
> Cody

1.  Create a tiddler, say, called DisableDoubleClickOnTiddlers with
the following text:

if (config.options['chkDoubleClickToEdit']===undefined)
        config.options['chkDoubleClickToEdit']=true;
if (!Story.prototype.onTiddlerDblClick_save) {

Story.prototype.onTiddlerDblClick_save=Story.prototype.onTiddlerDblClick;
        Story.prototype.onTiddlerDblClick = function(ev) {
                if (config.options['chkDoubleClickToEdit'])
                        return story.onTiddlerDblClick_save.apply
(this,arguments);
        }
}

2.  Tag it with "systemConfig" tag.

3.  Somewhere in the tiddler that has all your systemConfig options,
add the following:
config.options.chkDoubleClickToEdit=false;

Or, set the above to true, depending on which state you want the page
to startup.

Hopefully, that is what you wanted.

Cheers; 'best,

shankar