Fibbles,

You have done a lot already, but if you can break out some of you code, you
may be able to provide a solution to
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/tiddlywiki/8_SfAh6BC44

<<update "##name##" "Tony" [filter]>>

Where it acts on current tiddler or those selected using the optional
filter.

Actually I expect your code could spawn a few useful macros to use
elsewhere.

Regards
Tony