All,

Interesting conversation.

Birthe,

In one of the apartments could be a very sick person, told not to call
> emergency before hardly breathing and lips turning blue (The message people
> ARE getting) . How hard would it be to phone for help?

Is this really happening *not to call emergency before hardly breathing and
lips turning blue* ? This would be stupid, although one could imagine if
the health system is overwhelmed. The percentage of people once infected
that, have poor outcomes is low, so for many it will not be a problem, they
just need to be quarantined.

In Tracking mobile phones; If you are Quarantined with the virus and a
temporary law says you must be quarantined and you are wandering around the
streets putting others at risk it would make sense to detect your
activities. But of course the problem is the misuse of the technology now
or in the future. With any surveillance issue it often comes down to the
execution and supportive laws, unfortunately future governments can change
the laws.

All,
Use the words you want, Physical/Social Distancing. My point and that of
the article is isolations and Quarantine is essential to reduce the peak in
infection/hospitalisation, implementing isolations and Quarantine requires
physical distancing, but as a community we must ensure social, emotional
support for all in our society.

Contact your elders and friends to say "Are you OK", if you are free to,
deliver food outside someone's door, I just talked an elder through fixing
the sound on her computer so she can receive electronic birthday wishes.
Set up an open video connection with your children living elsewhere, or
your grandchildren for a few hours, Call your parents daily, email people
some entertainment, act as an advocate for someone disadvantaged and do
some online shopping for someone without internet.

Also,
This would be a good time to introduce a "Universal Basic Income"e"

Look after yourself and people near you, dear friends
Tony