Is there a way to copy an external table, say on a website or in a pdf and
be able to paste it into a tiddler and keep the table formatting without
having to edit with "|"s by hand? Maybe there's a plugin for this?

For example right now I'm reading a pdf from my association on
return-to-work required disinfection practices and when I copy paste a
table, I get this:
Treatment Surfaces, Tools and Equipment
Surface Action(s) Frequency
Chiropractic table head piece
and thoracic piece
• Use single use paper on
head piece to shield
patient’s face
• During every patient
encounter
• Clean and disinfect,
following product guidelines
on contact time to achieve
proper disinfection
• Disinfect after every patient
encounter
• Clean when soiling is visible
or daily, whichever is more
frequent
Chiropractic table hand pieces • Clean and disinfect,
following product guidelines
• Disinfect after every patient
encounter

Thanks,