Tony

You have discovered the ease of editing one tiddler from another by using a
transclude, and how tiddlers and fields can be silently created just by
editing them
it is quite an elegant solution. Thanks for sharing back

I think I may extend your idea. On any tiddler we could have a Today
Button, that the view template will transclude if selected. Thus you can
update your Journal with a selected tiddler in view without taking any
other actions to reach your Journal.

Regards
Tony