I'm sure someone will come along with a better solution. This will replace
single line feeds with <p/> paragraph breaks. Unfortunately, this means
your original text will actually be physically more mangled than it started
-- I have no way to generate a literal carriage return. Be sure to make
backups if you try this.

Name of tiddler: <$edit-text tiddler="$:/temp/convertme" size="20" tag=
"input" placeholder="Tiddler to convert" default="Sample"/>

<$vars br="<br/>" par="<p/>" title={{$:/temp/convertme}} >
<$button>Add line feeds
<$list filter="[<title>get[text]splitregexp[\n]join<par>]">
<$action-setfield $tiddler=<<title>> $field="text" $value=<<currentTiddler>>
/>
</$list>
</$button>

</$vars>