Peter

Rather than using div or span which is already part of the overall layout could
you use the section tag. With css you can get any html tag to behave like any
other tag using display or targeting a particular parameter. See my recent post
on paragraphs, I am using a whitespace attribute from the code tag css.

Regards
Tony