when you try to rename it, if it cannot it shld show you a "warning"
telling you that it won't be rename in the following tiddlers

do you have this?
There is a more advanced relink plugin at
https://github.com/flibbles/tw5-relink but I didn't add it to Drift (yet?)
you might want to take a look at it, I guess it will solve your issue