Hmmm; with _only_ "tc-popup-keep" I also get that, but with _both_ classes
it stays open and looks as it should (Win10, both Chrome and Firefox)...

This works for me:
<$reveal type="popup" state="$:/SamplePopupState" class="tc-popup-keep">
...code...
</$reveal>

Or this:
<$reveal type="popup" state="$:/SamplePopupState" class="tc-popup-keep
tc-drop-down">
...code...
</$reveal>

But, maybe there's some browser/OS strangeness...