Hi Mat,

On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 2:18:47 PM UTC+2, Mat wrote:

> Saq Imtiaz wrote:
>>
>> Tiddlers with the bullet functionality are identified via the presence of
>> a field.
>>

> ...so... how was the field added?

How would you want to add that field? Recall that I am not offering a ready
to use plugin, but a workflow to emulate to build your own solution. I
suspect a lot of things will become clearer once you get the chance to play
with it.

> So, those tiddlers are reserved to be bullet lists then, right?

Again that would depend on how you want to use them. The code for the
bullets leaves the text of the parent tiddler untouched, so you could have
content in there and the bullets would appear underneath.

>> [...]In fact I rarely use the classic edit mode in any of my TW.
>>

> For this particular feature, right? I mean, what if you want something
> other than bullet lists?

Overall, since while tiddlers are the basic units of information in most of
my TW based apps, I do not interact with tiddlers directly for most of
them.. but now we are getting off track.

> If this "method" could be generalized so that any item, based on a
> tiddler, could be presented in indentable lists we could make even cooler
> stuff ;-)

If I understand you correctly, it already is so. The bullets only look like
they are <li> html elements. They are actually just DIVs styled to look
like list items. This is a trick I emulated from dynalist/workflowy for the
sake of this demo. In my original setup there is no list styling. The
contents of each bullet are the text field of a tiddler, so no real
limitations as to what you can have in there... until and unless you do
something crazy and possibly break the idented css styling :)

> Imagine a checkbox list for projects (top level in list) with tasks as
> subitems. ...and project status (i.e checked or unchecked) could be
> calculated from subitem status. The super part would be your feature to
> easily move items among projects or even make projects into subprojects.

Which in essence is how my task manager works, from which this is derived.
Each bullet also has a due date, priority, tags etc.
The task manager however is incomplete and has a lot of other complexity
for my use case, and as such would take too long to make ready for
distribution.

> ...and this would perhaps also open for... whatsitcalled... expandable
> text like in most real code editors. Instead of bullet it's the reveal type
> + character.

If you mean collapsing child bullets, then yes, that is trivial to do and
something I have therefore skipped in this demo.
I do think it will help with understanding a lot when you get to tinker
with this yourself. It isn't a magic bullet by any means but hopefully
useful in creating new workflows. I could see someone building a
dynalist/workflowy clone using these techniques.

Cheers,
Saq