Tony K wrote:

> however can i edit a tiddler field without a "Trigger" from what I have
> noticed it is an $action-setfield and it needs a button to be clicked or
> something no?

Right, to have it edited it needs an action trigger.

BUT I just note in the docs
<https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#tabs%20Macro>that there's a
buttonTemplate attribute! I've never used it but I would assume this means
you can crate your own custom buttons that the macro then uses. Do report
here if you try it out.

<:-)