When Deleting the plugin tiddler in a single file wiki any overridden
shadow tiddlers will remain in the wiki.
Probably in node as well?

This could have the advantage of config settings restored if the plugin is
restored, but stylesheets and macros may remain active and cause trouble
sometimes.

If you review the contents tab in a plugin before deletion, the overwritten
tiddlers will be "un bolded", you can save them somewhere first, or click
on them and delete them, to return to the plugin shadow tiddler.

   - Then Deleting of the plugin will not leave these behind.
   - You will need save and reload the wiki to remove all plugin tentacles
   - If a Plugin created another tiddler when operating eg $:/config/plugin
   setting it may also be left behind.
      - The only way to be sure there is to work through its config
      settings find and delete the tiddlers
      - But this is usually unnecessary.

I was thinking about proposing a generic method to delete plugins and do
their own cleanup, along with supporting the features in my Post Script.

Post Script

   - This overridden shadow tiddler method is quite useful
      - Restoring settings, maintaining settings after upgrade and more.
   - It could be co-opted to make changes to a plugin and repackage it, in
   wiki or export.

Regards
Tony