On Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 5:15:34 PM UTC-7, TonyM wrote:

> Once again inspired by you work, I recall that on
> https://www.w3schools.com/ a search is "enhanced by Google" and the
> results appear in a drop down.
> I wonder if we could develop this for tiddlywiki?

Here's yet another version.  This one skips the Google search input page,
and goes directly to the search results.
<$edit-text tiddler="$:/temp/google" tag="input" placeholder="enter search
text" default="" />
<$vars keywords={{{ [<currentTiddler>] +[addsuffix[+]]
+[addsuffix{$:/temp/google}] +[split[ ]join[+]] }}}>
<$vars      URL={{{ [[https://www.google.com/search?q=]]
+[addsuffix<keywords>] }}}>
<$button message="tm-open-external-window" param=<<URL>>>
{{$:/core/images/advanced-search-button}} </$button>
</$vars>
</$vars>

Note that this version uses $vars widgets to construct the desired search
keywords and the URL before opening the external window.

This was not, strictly speaking, *necessary*, but was done to make the code
more readable.

enjoy,
-e