On Monday, June 8, 2020 at 1:21:50 PM UTC-7, tony wrote:

> FYI Google Groups has star feature where users click a star next to the
> post of interest and the Starred listing is captured in the left nav under
> Starred <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!starred>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!starred
> I use it all the time to capture threads or posts of interest particularly
> code snippets to later slurp that formally in TiddlyWiki.
> It is really not very difficult to do.

Marking a topic with the "star" IS a great way to keep track of postings
*you* want to visit again.

However, it is an individual user thing, not a group thing.

I'm fairly certain that the OP suggestion was to provide categories to help
*others* more easily find postings that might be of interest to them.

There is an option to configure the group into sub-categories.  However, as
I already noted in a different response in this thread:

The "Categories" feature is a completely different setting that has to be
> enabled and configured by an admin.  A group can either use "tags" or
> "categories"... but not both.  I'm not sure what impact changing that
> setting may have on people who use an email feed rather than direct web
> access.  We might give it a try... but only AFTER I discuss it with Jeremy
> (once he is feeling better), and *only if changing the setting can be
> easily reversed* if we don't like the outcome.

-e