New to HTML/CSS/TiddlyWiki etc so possibly a stupid question, but can
anyone tell me why my newly imported icons to replace the default page
control button icons in the sidebar might not be following colour rules
like the original icons?

I have had no trouble getting the right icon to appear in the right place
by changing the correct {{ }} field in the button tiddlers, but imported
icons invariably show up as black, while the original icons are all
grey-but-black-on-hover (and of course the save icon has its indicator
colours).

I can get a stylesheet to affect the original icons but not the new ones.
(I'm not using my own Stylesheet - although some plugins I have came with a
few and I haven't checked in detail what they all do - but making a new
stylesheet and trying some of the options from this discussion
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/TiddlyWiki/button$20image|sort:date/tiddlywiki/zx9TVa83ZdQ/R3MVsZlcAgAJ

in it affects only the included icons, and no imported ones currently set
as page control buttons.)

SVGs are from flaticon.com, as recommended on the TiddlyWiki site, just
downloaded and imported straight.

I don't need to do anything fancy with colours, just get any new icons to
obey the same rules the others are already following! Any assistance much
appreciated.

(P.S. For anyone who recalls my previous post, the replies were
appreciated, sorry I didn't get back to many as life got away from me. Will
write something informational about my setup in the future when more of it
is ironed out!)