@David Gifford and @Cyrill

OK, after having had a look at Cyrills file, I note that the core shadow
tiddler $:/core/ui/EditTemplate/fields is modified in... is it called
Stroll or Roam (sorry). That core tiddler was updated in October last year (
here
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/commit/1cf2d0799d7027d58f4bdca857bc342dd778a330#diff-36235732f5a83c37b18e89da3396f8a4>)

but Stroll/Roam seems to use the older version and possibly with some other
customizations (I didn't search).

If this tiddler is deleted, then the core version of it is restored
automatically, and fieldvalueselector works. But then any mods critical for
Stroll/Roam are of course lost *IF *there in deed are any. That is
hopefully something @David can answer - otherwise you (@Cyrill) can
investigate any differences between the Stroll/Roam version of that tiddler
and the updated core version. FieldValueSelector uses the
<<newFieldNameTiddler>> instead of the old $:/temp/newfieldname so that is
the only difference that I can tell is problematic for sure.

<:-)