Si,

If you provide the method by which when a tiddler is opened in the story
river you could include an action that sets the clock by setting a
date/time field to now.

By default there are multiple ways to open something in the story view, via
contents, the result of a search, following an "in tiddler link", from the
sidebar or a button using "to=".

I have prepared a way to execute additional actions on any standard button,
but the navigation to open a tiddler does not have an easy way to trigger
an action on every open, that I am aware of. Hackability of default
triggers - "Buttons" #4272
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/4272>

Jeremy was discussing a related hack-ability improvement  Implement more of
TiddlyWiki's black box logic as customisable action strings #3967
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/3967>
This could provide a method to add an action to all the navigation methods.

In the mean time, I recently discovered I could identify the last opened
tiddler, in the story, what I call the "focused tiddler". Macro and sidebar
attached.
The thing I like about this little macro is if you have a lot of tiddlers
open, it is easy to return to the one with focus. I intend to add a button
that focuses the current tiddler with a click if not.

I did see somewhere the ability to invoke an action when a tiddler changed.
Perhaps you could find that and use this focus tiddlername.field to trigger
what you want on the focus tiddler? I would however consider not allowing
this for shadow/system tiddler or saving the time stamp for last read
independently of the tiddler so it could operate on shadow tiddlers without
editing them.

I also recently shared a read-date autonomous field which you have to stamp
the tiddler with, that does not interfeat with the created/modified
datestamps.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/tiddlywiki/RP3RYc6Opxc

Regards
Tony