Christian,

Are you referring only to the startup actions part, or the larger picture
of controlled login?.

Your solution sounds handy but unfortunately, I do not know how to
implement it. Do I understand correctly this your snipit launches the
tiddler "Logon" in a modal?

That would be elegant,

   - Can you show me how to put this in a wiki
   - Can you show me how to package it with tiddlers or a plugin?
   - Must it be a modified edition with a core change?

If you are interested in collaboration on serial edit, I am ready and
willing with a lot of prior research in my head.

Regards
Tony