Jon

I will give this some further thought but the standard answer would in
tiddlywiki be to divide into it here tiddlers. Have you used the excise tool?
You mention not splitting but I am not sure if you considered excise.

However since the two things you seem to need is to indicate a section of text
and search for it later I can imagin a lot of ways to do this.

Rather than define your requirement by reference to OneNote perhaps you could
describe what you want to see and do, be imaginative and dream of the ideal and
let us know. I / we are all about making dreams come true in tiddlywiki.

Regards
Tony