My first guess is that you have auto-accept FF cookies turned off.
The easiest way I've found to balance the convenience of cookies
against your higher security desires is to use a 'zconfig' tiddler
tagged 'systemConfig' that lists the cookies you want to set and their
values.  That way, these cookies will be set to your desired values
each time you open your TW file. Some example lines from one of my
files:
//{{{
config.options.txtUserName="AlanBCohen";
config.options.txtBackupFolder="backup";
config.options.txtMaxEditRows="20";
config.options.chkAnimate=true;
config.options.chkSaveBackups=false;
config.options.chkForceMinorUpdate=true;
config.options.chkAutoSave=true;
config.options.chkInsertTabs=true;
config.options.chkHttpReadOnly=false;
config.options.chkRegExpSearch=true;