Werner,

Thanks for your thoughts. This particular example of 800 tiddlers is not
necessary the standard case. For example just moving a couple of tiddlers
into a JSON would be common.

Perhaps I am miss-guided but I was hoping for a simple to use answer, one
like a version of the actioncreatetiddler that generates the tiddler inside
a json tiddler, appending if any already there. In fact in this case I only
want JSON to store tiddlers, which it already does, look inside any plugin
tiddler.

Although I too, treasure Joshua Fontany's great JSON Mangler as opening
tiddlywiki to all JSON files.

Another use case I have is generating a project or wiki tiddler from
various content in the project or wiki and storing it in a JSON (one or
more tiddlers eg multiple projects) the result can be dropped on a
directory wiki that can list all wikis and projects and their location
file/url and tiddlername.

I agree the database versions of tiddlywiki stand to make a lot of
difference, but that is not what I am looking for here, thanks

Tones