Hi,

I'm interested in populating a field on a tiddler with the "day number"
(Jan 1 = 1, Dec 31 = 365 or 366).  There doesn't seem to be an option in
the now macro which will give me that number, unless I'm missing
something.

I was thinking this might be a good reason to create my first javascript
macro, but poking around the documentation, it's not entirely clear to me
how it's possible to create a little one-off javascript macro in a tiddler
to use in your wiki, the way you can create a little one-off wikitext
macro.

I was looking at this:

https://tiddlywiki.com/dev/index.html#JavaScript%20Macros

but it talks about developing javascript macros as "modules."  I'm not sure
how to add a new module in my wiki... I see there are existing javascript
macro modules which are just tiddlers in $:/core/modules/macros  ... they
look just like some javascript in a tiddler...  could I make something like
that?  If so, how?

I know Javascript, I just am missing some very simple first steps as to how
to get started on this project.

Of course, if there's some way to get a day number out of the now macro, I
wouldn't have to worry about it. :)