Hi again, I had to search for that myself ... this should do the trick:

In $:/plugins/telmiger/simple-search/SearchResultsOther replace

sort[title] => !sort[modified]

In $:/plugins/telmiger/simple-search/SearchResultsTop replace

sort[caption] => !sort[modified]

The exclamation mark reverses the chronological order.

Have a nice weekend everyone :)
Thomas