Jin,

Never go days troubled by Tiddlywiki, make sure you ask here before you
pull your hair out.

Here you will find font-awesome converted to tiddlywiki SVG
tiddlers http://fa5-free-svg.tiddlyspot.com/

These can be used as icons including on tags

Or transcluded
{{$:/images/fa5/solid/ghost}}

However you can also make use of html entities by code, or just paste them
into where you need them
<$button class="tc-btn-invisible">
&#8251;
</$button>

<$button class="tc-btn-invisible">

</$button>

But if you want to use special characters as an Icon you can create an SVG
for it

Eg Music (tiddler)
<svg height="26px" width="24px">
  <text x="0" y="24" fill="red">♫</text>
</svg>
Then use Music in the icon field.

You may never be wanting for icons or SVG again.

Regrads
Tones