Talha,

A few thoughts (I subscribe to ego-less programming
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egoless_programming> so please don't read
between the lines of what I say)

   - When we ask software to do more it takes more. I we may consider node
   has the advantage of load on demand, where a single file wiki loads
   everything into memory first, it is not surprising we see such a situation.
   - I have often seen in tiddlywiki so called "performance problems" occur
   but they are the result of more work not an inherent issue.
   - Tiddlywiki out of the box is doing a lot to maintain connections,
   currency and interactivity.
      - So when output is closer to a batch operation it will start to
      behave as a batch process and have running times.
      - Will the user really need to see a 1000 items at once?
   - I have seen this with SQL, users can ask silly questions (not saying
   yours is) without knowledge of the underlying database that unnecessarily
   touches every record and takes hundreds of times longer.
   - Search is one way around this, as is set then generate results
      - The default search not starting until 3 characters are provided is
      an example of avoiding too big a list.
   - There is a new plugin that may help in some
   cases https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#Dynaview%20Plugin

I have created a snapshot button to save the result of a complex or large
tiddler so the computation can be triggered not on opening but on demand,
would this help your current solution?

In closing

   - there are a lot of things that can be done in tiddlywiki to improve
   performance, and it may be as simple as closing the sideBar so it does not
   refresh of every change.
   - If you had an example I could test on Tiddlywiki.com I (and others)
   could help improve performance.

Regards
Tony