Bimlas,

If you read my reply to Mat, you may see how my view perhaps diverges from
yours.

However much of what you say points to areas where some effort will be of
value.

Only now am I coming to question the value of TiddlyWiki becoming famous.

   - Aiming at the average user is possibly a path to the mediocre.
   - Fame should be the result of good works, not fame in its own right

Where I disagree, ie "hackability should be a principal", and is an
expectation of mine, not because I am a hacker (Which I am) but because
hackability is flexibility. Tiddlywiki never would have its functionality
today, if this were not the case from the very beginning, it would not be
capable of implementing most other solutions if it were not for this "in
its bones".

But your point still has much value, as tiddlywiki can transform into
anything, then it should also be able to transform into a polished focused
solution as well.

Finally I think maturity will bring forward many of the things you seek,
but one limitation is that its main distribution is empty.html which should
always be available as the minimum install, buit it should not be the first
edition someone new looks at. Either they obtain a custom edition or what I
call a Standard edition, a non-minimalist edition with tools for the new
comer already there, like the TOC, access to Page Controls More and a few
other items. I also believe higher prominence to playgrounds like my own at
https://anthonymuscio.github.io/playground.html and
https://anthonymuscio.github.io/playground.html which allow experimentation
without saving, once someone learns its value, they will push past the
complexity of choice of saving.

Yours sincerely
Tones