Mark,

That is possibly the clearest description so far. We need to document this
a bit better.

I admit I am no expert in this yet, and I hope if what I state is incorrect
someone will contradict me.

I would add to your points, as I understand it, that if installed in node
apparently they are available to all wikis within Node such as under Bob,
but installed by Drag and drop they become tiddlers installed in the
specific wiki.

You can see that except for the exceptions Mark mentions, drag and drop can
be an intentional approach to installing a different set of plugins in
different wikis.

Despite this I am not sure what happens to to make correctly installed
server plugins visible in the wikis below.

Regards
Tony