Am 05.09.2020 um 05:55 schrieb TW Tones:
Jan,

I just had a look at etherpad, and reminds me of document part the now defunct Google Wave, but various google and Microsoft products have similar editing opportunities.

I see why you value having a iframe to access such documents. In addition to multi-user documents it gives rise to a WYSIWYG editor.

Always wishing to extend the functionality within tiddlywiki, I can see how this may be away to address some of out multi-user issues with tiddlywiki.

Given it is an open source environment, and tiddlywiki is too, perhaps this is an opportunity to bring the two projects together. Either read only or read/write tiddlywikis could delegate shared documents to etherpad as a special kind of tiddler, but tiddlywiki is in an ideal position to manage the multiple document view into multiple etherpad documents.

Much of this may already be the case with the iframe solution you are working on, so thanks for raising it here. But I think a little deeper integration would help both projects.

What may deeper integration look like?

  * Create a new etherpad document from within a special tiddler
  * Seed it with the content of the tiddler before conversion
  * Be able to use the wiki to manage/wrap multiple etherpads
      o Includes searchable and other features
  * Be able to import.export cut/copy and paste between etherpad and
    tiddlers
      o Include drag and drop and handle conversions if needed.
  * Perhaps the etherpad client component can be made a plugin in
    tiddlywiki
  * and the etherpad server component deployed with the tiddlywiki
    node server install

If the technology or the etherpad community is not open to this valuable contribution, perhaps the tiddlywiki community could build a method for collaborative and external tiddler by tiddler server. Kind of taking the external tiddler model further. If we took this path we may be able to designer even tighter integration to the extent that once implemented interactive "shared" tiddlers could become a feature.

just thinking.

Regards
Tones
Hi Tones,
Etherpad also uses node.js on the server. For using it in class the possibility of using realtime cooperation is great. I also think, the ability to create and show an etherpad in TW would be a great enhancement because reatime cooperation is difficult in TW so far.

Best wishes Jan