So I'm using a filter, and it's working great to remove the suffix and add
another one...see below:

[tag[templates]tag[EditingTemplate]] +[removesuffix[Template]] +[addsuffix[
- Underground]]

Result:

Spelling - Underground
<http://wiki.helpdeskaleer.com:8080/jobhunt/softskills/email/plainlanguage#Spelling%20-%20Underground>
PunctuationMistakes - Underground
<http://wiki.helpdeskaleer.com:8080/jobhunt/softskills/email/plainlanguage#PunctuationMistakes%20-%20Underground>
VerbMistakes - Underground
<http://wiki.helpdeskaleer.com:8080/jobhunt/softskills/email/plainlanguage#VerbMistakes%20-%20Underground>
CheckAdverbAdjectiveMistakes - Underground
<http://wiki.helpdeskaleer.com:8080/jobhunt/softskills/email/plainlanguage#CheckAdverbAdjectiveMistakes%20-%20Underground>
CheckForUnnecesaryWordsMistakes - Underground
<http://wiki.helpdeskaleer.com:8080/jobhunt/softskills/email/plainlanguage#CheckForUnnecesaryWordsMistakes%20-%20Underground>
LookForWeakSentancesAndPhrasesThatNeedMoreInformation - Underground
<http://wiki.helpdeskaleer.com:8080/jobhunt/softskills/email/plainlanguage#LookForWeakSentancesAndPhrasesThatNeedMoreInformation%20-%20Underground>
LookForRepetitionOfWordsOrPhrases - Underground
<http://wiki.helpdeskaleer.com:8080/jobhunt/softskills/email/plainlanguage#LookForRepetitionOfWordsOrPhrases%20-%20Underground>
LookForVaguePhrases - Underground
<http://wiki.helpdeskaleer.com:8080/jobhunt/softskills/email/plainlanguage#LookForVaguePhrases%20-%20Underground>
CheckParagraphing - Underground
<http://wiki.helpdeskaleer.com:8080/jobhunt/softskills/email/plainlanguage#CheckParagraphing%20-%20Underground>
CheckForDumbOrIllogicalStatements - Underground
<http://wiki.helpdeskaleer.com:8080/jobhunt/softskills/email/plainlanguage#CheckForDumbOrIllogicalStatements%20-%20Underground>
CheckForColloquialismsSlangInformalPhrases - Underground
<http://wiki.helpdeskaleer.com:8080/jobhunt/softskills/email/plainlanguage#CheckForColloquialismsSlangInformalPhrases%20-%20Underground>

But...what I really want to do here, is remove the suffix and add another
one in a variable so I can create a bunch of template tiddlers:

<$list filter="[tag[templates]tag[EditingTemplate]]">
  <$set name="whichTiddlerTemplateName" value=<<currentTiddler>> >
   <$set name="tiddlerToCreateFromTemplate"
value="<<whichTiddlerTemplateName>> - Underground" >
Use This Template: <<whichTiddlerTemplateName>><br/>
Create This Tiddler From Template: <<tiddlerToCreateFromTemplate>><br/>
<hr/>
</$set>
</$set>
</$list>

In the second <$set> above (" tiddlerToCreateFromTemplate") I want to be
able to remove the template prefix the way I did in the filter...so that I
get  Spelling - Underground
<http://wiki.helpdeskaleer.com:8080/jobhunt/softskills/email/plainlanguage#Spelling%20-%20Underground>

instead of  Spelling Template - Underground
<http://wiki.helpdeskaleer.com:8080/jobhunt/softskills/email/plainlanguage#Spelling%20-%20Underground>

how do I do that?