On Sunday, September 20, 2020 at 11:42:19 PM UTC-7, Dr. Bob Jansen wrote:

> Have downloaded the two tiddlers into my wiki.
> Seems a great search tool but at the moment it is incredibly slow. Also,
> it tells me that it has found a tiddler but I can not see any way to open
> that tiddler. I am obviously missing something.

The 4 prefix and suffix edit-lists are initialized with all shadow tiddlers
of which there are 1984.
The 2 tag edit-lists are initialized with all tiddler and shadow tags,
which depends upon the contents of the file.

Then, as you type your inputs, each list is automatically trimmed based on
a partial match with its current input.  In addition, the input
values/selections are also used to construct the actual search filter
syntax, which is updated "live" as you modify the search criteria and
submitted to the TWCore filter search for processing to produce the search
results output,

Thus, there's quite a bit of work going on.  I think I can make a few
changes to optimize the list initialization, and could also add an option
to defer the actual TWCore filter search by adding a button to trigger the
search only after you complete your inputs.

This may significantly increase the responsiveness during input.  Of
course, once you've completed your inputs, the TWCore filter search will
take however long it needs to produce the results.  However, by delaying
the search until you press a button, that search would then only be
performed once, rather than after each keystroke.

As far as the results go... If says it found a matching tiddler, it should
be listed as a link below the input form, which you can then click on to
open that tiddler.

I'm going to work on the optimizations and deferred search handling... I'll
post an update soon.

-e