I followed your instructions, and I think I'm near. I've installed appear
and preview. The problem is that the previews are sticky, no matter what
you do. I have tried to change   $:/plugins/tobibeer/preview/defaults/class
<#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Ftobibeer%2Fpreview%2Fdefaults%2Fclass>  to "popup",
"appear", and " tc-preview-tiddler", and the preview keeps sticky. In Andy
Matuschak's notes is not annoying because the popups dissapear inmediately
if you cease to hover.

Maybe the problem is that I'm using a "static exported html" without
knowing it. I don't know what "static" means. I have an html file in my HDD
which I open with TiddlyDesktop. It just seems there is no option for not
making the popups sticky.
Thanks