Same issue.  Filtering only on C gives me the A/C, B/C items, then
seemingly when adding the additional filter through the then operator,
removes the B/C but ADDs an A/B item which wasn't in the first list.  I'm
clearly missing something in the syntax, including where the runs are
defined and the which brackets are used as logical grouping delimiters and
which are used as parameter containers.

I'm using the comments here regarding using the listed operator to find
tiddlers based on tags in a field
https://ooktech.com/jed/ExampleWikis/GenericTagFields/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Finmysocks%2FGenericTagFields%2FReadMe

[image: then-operator-test.PNG]

Current testing goal: List of all tiddlers which have all specified "tags"
in a dedicated field "my.field" - i.e. my.field contains 'A' and my.field
contains 'B' where A and B are tags (potentially containing spaces, so
delimited in my.field with []_

Ultimate goal for context: Offer a filterable tiddler index of
cardiovascular observations with dropdowns for Name, Structure, Context.
Each page of observations will have three fields: observation.name,
observation.structure, observation.context.  A page which discusses e.g.
Regurgitation and Stenosis observations might have
observation.name="[Regurgitation] [Stenosis]", observation.structure="[Left
ventricle]", observation.context="[History] [Findings]"

This is very similar to the case
here:
http://inmysocks.tiddlyspot.com/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Finmysocks%2FBookmarks%2FBookmarks%20by%20Tags

except all three dropdowns would be present at all times and the tags would
be restricted to the relevant field - this is why I broke it up into three
dedicated fields, to avoid having to prefix different tags which only apply
to certain dropdowns.

In this case, I would always be looking for my list to be the intersection
of tiddlers matching all three dropdowns (ignoring any dropdowns set to
Select All)

Thanks in advance.  I know I am rather slow wrapping my head around the
filter syntax.