@Eric
I don't understand the [[/$tref$]] construct inside a filter. From the doc,
I see that [...] is a filter run. A filter run is made of step and each
step is essentially a parameter eventually preceded by ! and/or an operator
(with eventual : suffixes). No suare breacket within a step. I heve not
read that a run can directly contain a run. So I cannot understand how
[[/$ref]] may occur within a filter. I4m also finding strange a step
without operator but with an operand (parameter) and the text seems to be
ofg the same advice but as far as I read the railroad schema, this may very
well happen (no idea of an example for me).

I don't say you're wrong, I'm just saying I don't see how I could have
understood that from the official documentation.