I've been driving myself crazy trying to get this to work, hoping someone
can help.

I'm trying to create an external link to search duckduckgo for the current
tiddler's title (url encoded). I found some link examples searching, but
none that encoded a variable. Here are two of my many failed attempts. My
goal is to add this to the view template once it works.

format=urlencoded/ >>">search for <<$view field=title />></a>

[ext[search for {{!!title}}|https://duckduckgo.com/?q={{{
[title<currentTiddler>encodeuricomponent[]] }}} ]]

I end up with links that have markup/code rather than the encoded title.
Any tips? Using the latest version in Quine 2 (iOS).